Providing our customers with sustainable products and solutions
Development, quality of life, and energy and electricity consumption are connected.
Growing populations and rising living standards, urbanization, industrialization, and increasing mobility, trade and communication: as a result of all these factors, global energy consumption is likely to grow by nearly one third between now and 2035, while the demand for electricity is expected to surge at twice its current rate1. This represents a major challenge: how do we meet this very high demand and also mitigate its impact on the environment? Nexans helps its customers face these challenges in every market and every business area.
Nexans works hard to respond to its customers’ concerns regarding sustainable development.
These concerns have three dimensions:
- economic, because sustainable development involves optimizing energy consumption and ensuring that installations and equipment are energy efficient ;
- social, because projects must respond to the need for increased mobility of people and goods in emerging countries, encourage access to electricity to ensure users’ quality of life and meet security requirements in every market ;
- environmental, in limiting the environmental impact, optimizing energy consumption and encouraging the development of renewable energy.
Nexans develops cables, cabling systems, and network monitoring and control solutions that:
- ensure the transport and distribution of electricity using reliable, high-performance energy infrastructure networks
- exploit offshore oil and gas deposits that are increasingly deeper and hard-to-reach
- encourage the development of sustainable buildings and help them operate safely
- optimize the energy efficiency of data centers
- make access to electricity easier for isolated or disadvantaged populations
- promote the development of renewable sources of energy, especially wind and solar energy.
The leader in future technologies
Nexans is committed to gaining an in-depth understanding of its customers’ activities and operations in order to better meet their needs at every step in the value chain.
Nexans holds a leading position in several sustainable future technologies, like superconductivity and smart grids, which offer unprecedented opportunities in terms of reliability, safety and seamless operation for both customers and users.
(1) AIE World Energy Outlook 2012.
No. 1 in R&D in the cable industry worldwide
Ranked among the Top 30 most innovative French companies(2)
Nexans mobilizes for its customers:
(2) French Patent Office (INPI), 2013.
Nexans registered 80 new patent requests covering various areas of activity, a clear illustration of the quality of Nexans’ technical teams.