Export cable for Rio Amoya hydroelectric dam in Colombia
- Siemens was contracted by Isagen to install turbines and the electrical system for a new dam.
- A qualified Nexans-trained supervisor made sure all cables and accessories were safely installed and fully certified.
- The new dam is located in dense jungle
- The installation needed to be supervised and warranted by an expert who was Spanish-speaking and familiar with the terrain.
- As a long-time Siemens partner, Nexans had already provided top-class 115 kV (800 mm2) aluminum cable with an aluminum taped screen and flexible dry GIS transformer terminations.
- Supervision ensured that it was properly installed, to the customer’s complete satisfaction.